Monday, January 25, 2010

Entry 4. Last movement

Comments on the piece I presented last week:

- Very pretty notes, lots of serenity, the lack of pulse was nice
- unified, one idea
- good amount of silence/space
- the expectation of regularity was not met but that worked for this piece
- put in more space or more of the sixteenth-note motif, try both
- count the length of time not by bars but by notes
- chords from m. 25 on somewhat boring, check out earlier chords, see what they're made up of and maybe use permutations of those

I think these are all really good comments and will help me tweak this piece.

Annnnd now onto the next one. Given that we have less than a week until these pieces are performed, I'm going to keep this next one simple, like the last one, so that it can be lerned in time. The first piece I wrote is pretty tricky and it'll take a lot longer to edit. SO I'm going to go with the one I presented last week and the one that I'm working on right now, supposing I like it when it's finished and it gets finished in time!

I'm thinking about water as I write it. I'd like it to be kind of minimalist in a sense that it's very simple and flowing, and the harmonic rhythm will be slower and not very drastic...My only worry is can this be done without making it uninteresting. I guess I'll just have to keep toiling away and if I start to fall asleep then I'll take that as a pretty solid indication that I'm not really making it niftasticular.

No comments:

Post a Comment