Sunday, March 21, 2010

Entry 11

Ouf, the end of the year is creeping up on us like...Well, I'd quote the Beatles and say it's creeping like a nun, but I've never seen a nun creep (maybe they're all closet-Facebook-creepers) so I don't think I'll go with 'creeping like a nun.'

The band piece is coming along alright. For some reason, it seems like such a bigger task this year as opposed to last year, though I'm writing a lot less music this year...It's probably just because I've got more on the go this year, and a lot of it is creative stuff so my creative juices are constantly being asked for more. It'd be nice to just have a day or two where I wouldn't have to do anything creative or analytical. I think this is why I work in a bakery in the summer.

But enough of the rambling- I've decided pretty much for sure that it's not going to be a suite- I think I'd need more time to write a suite, and I don't mean that in the sense that from now until April I won't have the time- I mean, we're given 3-5 minutes to work with, and a suite is generally longer than that so that the pieces in the suite aren't only like a minute long each. There's still the rubato intro, followed by the very slow oom-pah section which speeds up to the main theme which used to come right after the rubato section. It just seems to flow more this way and it'll hopefully make it not quite so...Disjunct, and I won't leave unfinished sections everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment