Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Entry 13. I am terrible.

Yay for commitment issues. That's right, with a week left in this class I've taken a spur-of-the-moment turn and have begun writing for string quartet. Why? Because I'm too stressed right now and don't have any real goal in mind for the band piece, and it's just become really tangly and ugly so said screw it, I'll finish it when I have time but right now I need something I can write and finish in a week and not hate. I'm abandoning this half-formed composition-child and am forsaking it for a string quartet- a Scherzo Tarantella.

I like tarantellas, or is the plural form tarantelli? It's lots of notes, and over that I can stretch a nice though feverish melody maybe. I'm, not really sure- I've just got an idea and I'm going with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment